The Lord is speaking to us about our identity as His people and yesterday He showed us the following:
New Creations in Christ
- Those who are born again are new creations in Christ. Jn 3:1-8; 2 Cor 5:17; Eph 2:10
- As a new creation, the believer leaves the old and enters the new. 2 Cor 5:17
- The "old" refers to the believer's old identity and the way of life that accompanied that identity. Eph 4:17-24
- The "new" refers to the believer's new identity and the way of life that accompanies that identity. 2 Cor 5:15
- The "old" identity is self-centred, independent, isolated, self-sufficient, separated from God and lives to please self. Eph 2:1-3, 12; 4:17-24
- The "new" identity is God-centred, dependent on God, joined to God and lives for God. Eph 4:24; 2 Cor 5:15
- The fundamental shift in the believer's mindset and way of life is that s/he must live both as a child of God and as the bride of Christ, the Church.
- The believer's "vertical" relationship to God cannot be separated from his or her "horizontal" relationship with God's people. Heb 6:10; 1 Jn 4:20
- Christianity is not a private religion. Born again believers are baptised into the body of Christ and are called to live as the bride of Christ - the "one new man." Eph 2:15
- Just as husband and wife have to adjust their lives from how they lived when they were single to living as a couple, so the believer has to adjust his or her life as one who was separated from God but is now joined to Christ and the Church. Eph 5:31,32
5 Characteristics of the Bride
The 5 characteristics of living as a child of God and as the bride of Christ are the following:
- The believer lives as one who belongs to Christ and belongs to the Church. Eph 1:13-14; 2 Pet 2:9-10; 1 Cor 12:27
- The believer lives to reflect Christ as a an individual and as part of His body. 2 Cor 3:18; Jn 13:35
- The believer lives to grow in intimacy with God and with His people. Php 3:10; Rom 12:10
- The believer lives a life devoted to God and devoted to His people. Acts 2:42-47
- The believer lives in expectation of Christ's return individually and collectively as His bride. Titus 2:11-14
As we move into 2014, we believe God is going to continue to teach us what it means to be His bride so that we align ourselves to Christ, to His purposes and live as His body, ready for His return!
Last Sunday we had a full house with over 150 people attending our KLF Christmas Musical. It was a joy to see everyone involved in making it such a special event. The musical, entitled "Luigi und der Kerzengießer," written by Elizabeth Nehring, was performed by young and older with dance, solos, singing, acting, paintings and much creativity and talent. It was great to see everyone use their gifts for God's glory and to speak the heart of the Father into the lives of those who have not yet encountered the grace of God. We had an abundance of food, cake and coffee so that everyone could simply enjoy being with one another and interacting with and as the body of Christ!
24-26.01: Resonating Heaven - prophetic worship conference with Francois Botes
08.02: Church Day - a day to be together and find out more about what God is doing at KLF