Glory to God!
Yesterday's meeting was wonderful! God is saving, healing and setting people free. Lives are being changed as they are touched by the Lord and people begin to live for Him. Hallelujah!
As the Lord continues to speak to us about Living in the fear of the Lord, we are learning what it means to live because of God, from God and for God. This is what He showed us yesterday:When we did not believe in Christ, we were
However, through faith in Christ, the believer is reconciled to God and becomes,
- part of the kingdom of darkness (Eph. 5:8)
- separated from God (Eph. 2:12)
- enemies of God (Col. 1:21)
- objects of wrath deserving punishment (Eph. 2:3)
- ungodly (Rom. 5:6)
The reason God saves us is so that,
- part of the kingdom of light (Eph. 5:8; Col. 1:13)
- joined to God (1 John 4:15)
- friends of God (Rom. 5:10,11)
- objects of blessing (Eph. 2:4-6)
- godly (2 Peter 1:3,4)
- We can have an intimate relationship with Him (fellowship). Rom. 5:11; 1 John 1:3
- We can be like Him and reveal Him (godliness). 2 Peter 1:3,4; 1 John 2:6
- We can reign in life and live for Him (co-labour). Rom. 5:17
To live in the fear of the Lord is to live for God and serve Him!
- Jesus came to serve and not to be served. Phil. 2:5-8; Mt 20:26-28
- Jesus set an example for His followers. John 13:12-17
- Jesus calls His followers to serve. John 12:26; 1 John 3:16; 2 Cor. 5:15
- Jesus serves the Father and those who are filled with His Spirit are filled with the Spirit of servanthood. Rom. 6:10,11
- The apostle Paul lived for God as a bond-servant - a servant unconditionally committed to his master. Rom. 1:1
- Timothy lived for God and served the Church. Phil. 2:20,21
- Those who serve others serve God. 1 Thess. 1:3; Hebrews 6:10,11; Eph. 6:5-8
The believer is reconciled to God to live for Him and serve Him.
Quote of the week:
We praise God for His revelation to us and for showing us what it means to live in the fear of the Lord very practically.
This Sunday we will be having a New Life Celebration
and will be baptising new believers at the EFG church in Eschersheim. For more information please click here
We are excited about having Steve Porter
with us from the USA from the 18 -22 May
. It will be time of refreshing and encountering God. For more information please click here
"And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again." 2 Cor. 5:15