It has been another exciting week! God is making Himself known to us more and more so that we can know Him more and make Him known more! Hallelujah!
Yesterday the Lord spoke to us about how "the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15), is to prophetically demonstrate the truth by standing firm in it and living it! The Lord showed us how the enemy tries to move the Church away from the truth in order to be able to do his work (see 1 Tim. 4:1-5). If the enemy manages to get believers to move out of grace and into independence and self-righteousness (trying to accomplish righteousness apart from God) then he will have room again to accuse the believer. When believers continue to stand in grace (Rom. 5:2), the enemy has no opportunity to accuse because the believer stands in Christ's righteousness. Every teaching that moves believers out of grace must be rejected as it is false teaching that comes from "deceiving spirits and things taught by demons" (1 Tim. 4:1).
God wants the Church to have full revelation of what He has freely given her. 1 Cor. 2:12; Eph. 2:7; Col. 1:6!
The Lord then immersed us into the truth as we received revelation of what happens to person who has faith in Jesus Christ. Looking at the letter to the Colossians, the Lord showed us the following:
If you have faith in Christ Jesus (1:4)...
- you have been qualified to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. 1:12
- you have been rescued from the dominion of darkness. 1:13
- you have been brought into Christ's kingdom. 1:13
- you have been redeemed. 1:14
- you have forgiveness of sins. 1:14
- you have been reconciled to God. 1:21
- you are holy. 1:22
- you are without blemish. 1:22
- you are free from accustation. 1:22
- Christ is in you, the hope of glory. 1:27
- you have received in Christ all the hidden treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 2:3
- you have received Christ. 2:6
- you have received fullness in Christ. 2:10
- you were circumcised in Christ. 2:11
- you were buried with Christ. 2:12
- you were raised with Christ. 2:12
- you were made alive with Christ. 2:13
- all your sins are forgiven. 2:13
- you have been set free from the law. 2:14
- you have been set free from the power of the enemy. 2:15
- you have triumphed over the enemy. 2:15
- you are connected to the Church of which Christ is the Head. 2:19
- God causes you to grow in Him. 2:19
- you died with Christ to the pattern of this world. 2:20
- you have been raised with Christ. 3:1
- your life is hidden with Christ in God. 3:3
- Christ is your life. 3:4
Since you are in Christ and Christ is in you...
- you are seated with Christ in the heavenly realms. Eph. 2:6
- you are seated with Christ "far above all rule and authority, power and dominion." Eph. 1:20,21
- The Church, which is His body, is the fullness of Him who fills everything in every way. Eph. 1:22,23
Salvation is therefore union with God in Christ Jesus!
We praise God for His revelation to us by His Spirit, who leads us into truth and reveals the Father and the Son to us. Hallelujah!
God's revelation to us is equipping us to stand firm in the truth and establish Christ's lordship in the city of Frankfurt. This Friday we will be meeting together for an evening of worship and prayer to proclaim Christ's supremacy over this city and over this nation. On Saturday we are joining TPLF for a Narnia party for kids aged 6 - 12 years to provide an exciting alternative to halloween! On Sunday we will have another opportunity to share God's love with the homeless and needy.
Quote of the week:
"...God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming agaes he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in the kindness to us in Christ Jesus." Eph. 2:6,7