Glory to God!
The Lord is continuing to speak to us about wisdom and yesterday He showed us the following:
The wisdom of the righteous
- God wants to turn the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous to make ready a people prepared for Him. Luke 1:17
- God's people live according to the wisdom of the righteous as they obey His will. Rom. 1:5; 16:25-27; 1 Peter 1:1,2
- Christ is the wisdom of God. 1 Cor. 1:24, 30; Col. 2:3
- Those who are in Christ have received God's wisdom and have the mind of Christ, knowing the thoughts of God by the Holy Spirit. 1 Cor. 2:6-16
- Jesus demonstrated the wisdom of God by His words and actions. Matthew 11:19
- Jesus lived according to the principles of God and the presence of God. Matthew 4:1-11; John 8:38
- The believer must depend on the Word of God (principles) and the presence of God (Spirit) to demonstrate the wisdom of the righteous.
- Those who live according to principles without the Presence are in danger of legalism.
- Those who think they are living according to the Spirit without knowledge of the Word are in danger of deception.
- The believer is called to seek the will of God and obey it to reveal God's wisdom. Eph. 5:15-17
- The believer must learn to be led by the Spirit to know the will of God. Rom. 8:14; Gal. 5:16,17, 25
- Spiritual wisdom is derived from the Spirit and not the natural.
- Circumstances and the natural realm can confirm what the Spirit is saying but should not be depended on for primary direction from the Lord. 2 Cor. 2:12,13
- As the believer grows in his knowledge of God, he will know what pleases the Lord. Col. 1:9-12
- Those who are led by the Spirit of God will know what the Holy Spirit desires (Gal. 5:16,17) and when the Holy Spirit: is grieved (Eph. 4:30); envies intensely (James 4:5); comforts and encourages (John 14:16); convicts (John 16:8-11); teaches (John 16.13; 1 John 2:27) etc
- God has entrusted the believer with His Spirit and His wisdom so that the believer can make godly decisions that are based on the knowledge of God and the prompting of the Spirit rather than on specific instructions and commands (Compare Acts 1:21-26 and Titus 1:5-9).
Quote of the week:
"Many of the people of Israel will he bring back to the Lord their God. And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous - to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." Luke 1:16,17