Monday, 24 December 2012
On the 16.12. we had our Christmas celebration and it was wonderful to see our children and youth use their gifts to honour our King. We rejoice with those who received the gift of Christ and committed their lives to Jesus on that day! Over a hundred people attended our Christmas celebration and enjoyed an abundance of Christmas goodies after the service.
Yesterday the Lord spoke to us about what Jesus meant when He said, "I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life" (John 8:12). He showed us that the glory of the Father revealed through Christ was not a shining presence but the manifestation of the "fullness of his grace" (John 1:14, 16,17). Jesus revealed the very nature of the Father - His grace, mercy, love, truth, etc. Those who follow Christ and abide in Him, are called to do the same. Every disciple of Christ is called to reveal the supernatural love of God as light in the darkness. Christians are called to glow in the dark as they position themselves to be filled and enlightened by God. Paul writes,
"For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." 2 Cor. 4:6
It is awesome to realise that every believer can know the glory of God through Jesus and to reveal that glory through a life submitted to Him (2 Peter 1:3,4)!
Thursday, 6 December 2012
On Sunday Elizabeth Nehring presented the vision for our KLF youth ministry that will begin in the new year. We are excited about what God is going to do with our youth and how He wants to raise, equip and release this generation!
The Lord is speaking to us about coming back to the essence of what it means to be a disciple of Christ and living the Kingdom Life.This is what He showed us on Sunday:
- Paul expresses the essence in Gal. 5:6 when he writes: "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."
- Faith looks like something! "Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." James 2:17
- Faith operates through love and sets the believer apart (holiness) as a disciple of Christ. 1 Thess. 3:12,13; John 13:34,35
- Faith operates through love in three essential ways in the disciple's life.
- The essential 3 are love for God's presence, God's people and God's salvation purposes.
- Love for God's presence is expressed through a life devoted to God. Rom. 12:1,2
- Love for God's people is expressed through a life devoted to the Church. Acts 2:42-47
- Love for God's salvation purposes is expressed through devotion to see both Jew and Gentile saved. Rom. 1:16
- The essential 3 are the manifestation of the true disciple's faith!
- Love for God's presence, people, and purposes set disciples of Christ apart as God's holy people.
Love God's presence. Love God's people. Love God's purposes.
We praise God for His revelation to us and we are looking forward to seeing KLF rooted and established in the 3 essentials of Kingdom living!
Quote of the week:
"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Gal. 5:6