The Lord is continuing to grace us with His wonderful presence in our meetings and He is speaking very clearly to us about spiritual love (agape). We believe that God is preparing us for greater spiritual breakthrough as we learn to truly love one another and be united in spirit.
Yesterday the Lord showed us the following:
- Agape (spiritual love) comes "from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith." 1 Tim. 1:5
- Sincere faith means a faith that is genuine, real and without hypocrisy.
- Faith is not only hearing the Word (James 1:22) nor is it just believing (James 2:19) and neither is it just confession or proclaiming truth (Luke 6:46).
- Sincere faith is always accompanied by action!
- Faith is a lifestyle because of God. Rom. 12:1,2
- Our faith is tested, tried and tempted continuously. James 1:2
- Every test, whether we are confronted by the flesh/ self-centredness (Gal. 5:16-25), the world (1 John 2:15) or the Devil (Matthew 4:1-11) requires a faith response - choosing to God's will or one's own will or the world's way or the Devil's way!
- Our lives consist of taking faith initiatives and giving faith responses.
- As we are faithful in the small tests, God will entrust us with greater opportunities to do His will and glorify Him! Luke 16:10
Faith is a lifestyle because of God!
We are very excited about new opportunities to serve the poor and needy in Frankfurt and it is wonderful to see the whole Body get involved in some way, demonstrating agape love. We therefore minister to the needy on the first Sunday of every month and on the fifth Sunday (when there is one).
Quote of the week:
"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors." James 1:2,3 (The Message)