God's vision for the Church is a community of love, set apart and purified that produces the fruit of God's Kingdom. John writes,
"God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." 1 John 4:16
In order to live in God's love and to reveal His love, Richard showed us on Sunday how the believer needs spiritual revelation of the nature of God's love. In his message entitled, Without measure, full and boundless, which you can listen to here, Richard showed us the following:
- The Church needs to grasp the dimension of God's love. Ephesians 3:17-19
- God gives us His Spirit so we can understand His love. 1 Corinthians 2:9-12
- The revelation and the experience of the fullness of God's love is one of the characteristics of every true revival.
- God's love is beyond every limitation. Ephesians 3:19
- God's love pursues us relentlessly. Song of songs 8:6 (Psalm 23:6; James 4:4,5)
- God's love consumes us. Song of songs 8:6 (Hebrews 12:39)
- God's love is unquenchable. Song of songs 8:7 (Romans 8:35-39)
- God's love is unconditional. Song of songs 8:7 (Romans 5:8; Ephesians 2:4-7)
We praise God for the revelation of His inexpressible love and for ministering His love to us on Sunday.
This Sunday is the Frankfurt Marathon that takes place once a year in our city. Three of our people will be running the race of 42,195 kilometres to raise money for our daughter church, Kingdom Life Butuan as well as for Hermon Living Water Ministries, a ministry in India that reaches out to the poorest of the poor. Kingdom Life will also be doing a marathon from the 1.11 - 13.12: 42,195 days to train spiritually. Paul writes,
"Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come." 1 Timothy 4:8, NLT
As part of our vision to live the Kingdom life wherever we are individually and to be God's Kingdom community corporately, we are called to be a spiritual people, a people who depend on God, live for God and are governed by God. For this purpose we are setting aside 42,195 days to focus on our relationship with God and our walk with Him.