On Sunday Elizabeth Nehring presented the vision for our KLF youth ministry that will begin in the new year. We are excited about what God is going to do with our youth and how He wants to raise, equip and release this generation!
The Lord is speaking to us about coming back to the essence of what it means to be a disciple of Christ and living the Kingdom Life.This is what He showed us on Sunday:
- Paul expresses the essence in Gal. 5:6 when he writes: "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."
- Faith looks like something! "Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." James 2:17
- Faith operates through love and sets the believer apart (holiness) as a disciple of Christ. 1 Thess. 3:12,13; John 13:34,35
- Faith operates through love in three essential ways in the disciple's life.
- The essential 3 are love for God's presence, God's people and God's salvation purposes.
- Love for God's presence is expressed through a life devoted to God. Rom. 12:1,2
- Love for God's people is expressed through a life devoted to the Church. Acts 2:42-47
- Love for God's salvation purposes is expressed through devotion to see both Jew and Gentile saved. Rom. 1:16
- The essential 3 are the manifestation of the true disciple's faith!
- Love for God's presence, people, and purposes set disciples of Christ apart as God's holy people.
Love God's presence. Love God's people. Love God's purposes.
We praise God for His revelation to us and we are looking forward to seeing KLF rooted and established in the 3 essentials of Kingdom living!
Quote of the week:
"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Gal. 5:6