Glory to God!
Yesterday the Lord spoke to us about the evidence of a revived heart and this is what He showed us:
- When people become God-conscious, they begin to respond to God.
- People who respond to God are being revived as they begin to live in the fear of the Lord.
- When people are being revived, their hearts are changed toward God.
- The evidence of a revived heart is the following:
- The realisation of one's absolute need for God - a life that relies on God as its Source and not just its Solution to live a godly life - living from God. Isaiah 6:1-7; Acts 2:37; Luke 5:1-11; Psalm 63
- A heart that cries out, "I need you, Lord!"
- Unless believers realise their need for God, they won't live lives relying on God.
- The desire to know God more - a life that desires constant communion with God to respond to Him - living because of God. Phil. 3:7-11; Eph. 1:17
- A heart that cries out, "I want to know you, Lord!"
- Unless believers desire intimacy and fellowship with God, they won't live lives in response to Him.
- The desire to do God's will - a life that desires to know God's will to obey it in order to revere God - living for God. Col. 1:9,10; Eph. 5:17
- A heart that cries out, "I want to do your will, Lord!"
- Unless believers know God's will they cannot obey Him to honour Him out of their love for Him.
8 May: New Life Celebration @ the EFG Frankfurt Nord-West in Eschersheim. Click here for more info...
18 - 22 May: Sound of Heaven Conference with Steve Porter @ Eastsite 15. Click here for more info...
Quote of the week:
"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me." Psalm 63:1-8