On Sunday we had a visiting speaker from India, Rodrick Gilbert. It was a joy to have him and his lovely family with us. Rodrick has been used of the Lord to plant thousands of house churches in India and he has a passion for discipleship, reaching out to the lost and seeing them grow to maturity in the Lord. Rodrick spoke to us about the secret to true fruitfulness, explaining that in one's own effort, the believer will not accomplish much but that through true intimacy and comunion with God, the believer will bear much fruit and fruit that will last. After sharing his own testimony, Rodrick showed us what it means to wait on the Lord. You can listen to the message here. This is what we looked at,
God calls us to wait upon Him. Isa 40:31
To wait (Qava) is to bind together by twisting; to weld; to commune; to wait eagerly with patience.
Waiting on God binds us to the Lord in such a way that we experience the union of Spirit to spirit.
The believer's waiting on God becomes the knowing that conceives.
Examples of God's call to wait upon Him:
- Be still and know that I am God. Ps 46:10
- God commanded Moses to wait for receiving the Law. Ex 24: 13
- Will not be put to shame. Ps 25:3
- Shall inherit the land. Ps 37:9
- Wait, keep His ways. He will exalt you. Ps 37:34
- I waited, He inclined His years, and heard my cry. Ps 40:1
- One Spirit with Him. I Cor 6:17
As the believer spends time in God's presence, s/he is anointed and empowered for service and influence. Examples:
- Moses - Beaming face. Ex 34:29; Mal 4:2
- Elijah – Stood before the Lord. 1 Kings 17:1, Duet 10:8 (Stand to minister)
- Jesus – Was led into the wilderness, filled with the Holy Spirit but left in he power of the Holy Sprit!. Lk 4:1 - 4:14
- Peter's open vision - Acts 10:9-10
- Paul- In third heaven. 2 Cor 12
- God bore His people on His wings. Ex 19:4
- Stirs up the nest to lift its young on his wings to carry them. Deut 32:11,12
- The believer's youth is renewed like eagles. Psa 103:5
- Like an eagle, the believer begins to sense the warm air (Holy Spirit), stretch their wings, lock their bones (remain in Him) and the wind soars them up (carried by the Spirit of God).
20.05: Intimacy with God - Developing one's quiet time with God. The meeting will be held at 19:00 at the KLF office rooms in Leipzigerstr.60 in Bockenheim.
24.05: Creative Women's Meeting. An afternoon to meet together and create together. The meeting will be held at 14:00 at the KLF rooms at Leipzigerstr.60 in Bockenheim.
06.07: Baptismal service at 15:00 at Haeberlinstr.3 in F-Eschersheim.