Image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net
Glory to God!
The Lord is continuing to build a tabernacle of worship with KLF. Yesterday we experienced the upon-ness of the glory of God as we worshipped Him. Subsequently the Lord ministered to His people through prophetic Words that encouraged people and confirmed what He is saying to us as a church.
The Lord is speaking to us about worship and yesterday He showed us the following:
- Worship is the response to the revelation of God.
- Worship is also the response to the grace of God.
- The grace of God extends to the believer's past (has been saved - Eph 2:6), present (is being saved - Acts 2:47; 2 Cor 2:15; 1 Pet 1:9) and future (will be saved - Matt 24:13; Rom 5:10).
- The believer must depend on the grace of God for salvation (past, present and future).
- Worship is responding to God's grace with thankfulness - an attitude of gratitude.
- The best way to honour the Giver is not only to thank Him but also to use the gifts He has given!
- In Christ, the believer has received every spiritual gift in the heavenly realms. Eph 1:3
- There is much to be thankful for and there are many gifts to use.
- The believer must not dishonour God by receiving God's grace in vain. 2 Cor 6:1; 1 Cor 15:9,10
- We worship God when we use the gifts He has given us.
- One of the greatest gifts we have in Christ is our new identity in Him.
- The believer worships God as He thanks God for his new identity in Christ but especially when He lives from that new identity!
- The believer's new identity in Christ should be one of the primary motivations to live a holy life.
- The writers of the NT constantly remind the Church about her identity in Christ as the reason for holy living. 2 Cor 6:14-7:1; Eph 4:22-24; 5:8-10; Col 3:1:1-4, 12; 1 Pet 2:9-11; 1 John 3:1.
We then split up into small groups to look at 1 Peter 2:9-11 and to explore the implications of having received the gift of our new identity in Christ (a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, and aliens and strangers). The challenge was to identify what our lives should look like if we truly believe we have received a new identity in Christ. For more on this subject click here.
We praise God for showing us what it really means to worship Him with our lives and we praise Him for the abundant grace He has poured into our lives!
08.12. - KLF Christmas Musical @ 15:00 at Eastsite 15
24.01. - 26.01. - Worship seminar with Francois Botes
Quote of the week
"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul." 1 Peter 2:9-11
Post a Comment