As we continue our exciting journey with the Holy Spirit, learning and experiencing who He is and what He does, we sense God preparing us for an even greater manifestation of His presence and power. Our prayer is that God would pour out His Spirit so that the Church is revived and our society is convicted of guilt in regard to sin, righteousness and judgment and awakened to life in Christ (John 16:8)!
Yesterday we had a wonderful time, encountering God in worship and hearing testimonies of how the Lord is moving and working in people's lives. Richard shared a message entitled, "Humility - The Key to Revival" which you can listen to here. Looking at the ministry of John the Baptist and how God called him to prepare the way for the revelation of Jesus, we noted how John lived in a spirit of humility that ushered in the presence of God! Richard showed us 5 statements that John makes in John 3:27-36, that reveal the nature of true humility:
- "A man can receive only what is given him from heaven." Humility accepts life as a gift and is thankful and content in it.
- "I am not the Christ but I am sent ahead of him." Humility accepts God's unique call and lives it out in the audience of One.
- "The bride belongs to the Bridegroom." Humility lives in joyful dependence upon Christ.
- "He must become greater, I must become less." Humility seeks to empty self so that Christ is revealed.
- "The One who comes from above is above all." Humility lives to point to Jesus and exalt Him.
Humility is the key to revival!
Tuesday from 19:00 - 21:00: Discipleship Group - Leipziger Str.60 (L60)
Last Wednesday of every month from 19:30 - 21:00: Worship and Prayer Evening at L60
Saturday 02.09, 02.12: Welcome Coffee at L60
03.09: Crosswalk @ KLF
01.11: Prophetic Encounters with Ed Traut