What do Pirates have to do with Easter? Not much, really, but when you have someone as creative as Natalie Blair and a crew of people who are gifted actors, you get a drama set on a pirate ship that tells the story of Christ's substitutionary death on behalf of sinners, taking the punishment they deserve. It was a wonderful parable that expressed the Gospel in a fun way. It was a joy to see our people use their gifts for God's glory!
After sharing the Lord's Supper together and reflecting on God's amazing love toward us, demonstrated in Christ's death and resurrection, Richard Morschel spoke on how Jesus is the perfect Saviour. This is what he shared:
When someone has a problem that needs to be solved, s/he needs,
- someone who is qualified to solve the problem
- someone who is qualified to identify both the problem and its cause
- someone qualified to treat the problem
- someone qualified to prevent the problem from reoccurring
Jesus is the perfect Saviour because,
- He is qualified to solve mankind's problem of sin and death. Hebrews 7:16, 24-26
- He is qualified to identify sin and the cause of sin. John 3:16-20
- He is qualified to treat the problem and its cause effectively. Romans 4:25; Isaiah 53:3-6
- He is qualified to prevent the problem from reoccurring. Hebrews 4:14-16
This week, Julius Regala, senior pastor of our church plant in Butuan (Philippines) will be visiting us for 2 weeks. As part of his visit he, along with Richard, will be leading 2 evenings of prayer and worship on the 2 and 3 May. He will also be spending time with the church, visiting our various small groups and being part of our church life. We are excited about the doors God has opened for us in Butuan and in the Philippines and that we can co-labour with Julius and his wife, Roszel, to build God's Kingdom there. As we continue to pray and fast as a church, we are expecting breakthrough this year to see God's Kingdom increasingly revealed and established in our lives and our cities.
08.04; 15.04; 22.04: KLF Prayer Ministry Training
02.05 and 03.05: Breakthrough! Two evenings of worship, teaching and prayer to breakthrough into the supernatural realm with Julius Regala (senior pastor of Kingdom Life Butuan, Philippines) and Richard Morschel (senior pastor of KLF) at KLF, Salzschlirferstr.15, Frankfurt.
10.05: Return to Glory - Kingdom Men Conference with Alexander Blair (leader and Life Coach at KLF) at the Seminarzentrum Rückersbach.