"The one thing I ask of the Lord - the thing I seek most - is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in his Temple." Psalm 27:4
This was our heart's cry yesterday as we worshipped the Lord and delighted in the His perfections - His goodness, holiness, beauty and splendour! As we worshipped the Lord it was as though He wrapped Himself around us and touched each of our hearts deeply with His love. It was amazing!
Richard and Frances returned this week from their 2 week visit to the Philippines and yesterday Richard shared some pictures and testimonies of what God did during their time there. We are excited about how God is using KLF to build His Kingdom in Butuan and Mindanao. The Lord is opening doors and giving us great favour to start a ministry in Butuan. We are in the process of planting Kingdom Life Butuan and are really excited about what God is putting together for His glory. Check out our Mabini Blog here.
The Lord then spoke to us about how the believer is created in Christ to do good works and to reveal the goodness of God. This is what He showed us:
- When God created man, He created him good.Genesis 1:31
- The result of the Fall is that man is no longer good. Mark 10:18; Romans 3:10-12,23; 5:14
- Jesus came as the revelation of God's goodness to restore man to his original state of goodness. 2 Corinthians 5:17-21
- Those who are born of God are a new creation in Christ - God's masterpiece (poema), created to do good works. Ephesians 2:10
- God's purpose in restoring goodness in man through Christ is for man to reveal God's goodness. Matthew 5:14-16
- The glory of God is the manifestation of His goodness. Exodus 33:18-34:7
- The goodness of God is beyond the boundary (huperballo) and is characterised by generosity. Ephesians 3:20,21
- God's generosity is beyond expectation and beyond limitation and He calls His people to reveal His generosity to reveal His goodness. 2 Corinthians 9:6-15
- The obstacles to generosity are: fear (I won't have enough), self-centredness (I will give as long as I am noticed), wrong motivation (I will give to get for myself), being unmerciful (I will only give to those whom I think deserve it) and doubt (what can I possibly give?).
- The word generous means "of noble birth" and as children of the King, we are called to reveal His nature, His generosity, His goodness, His glory so that others are blessed and the Lord is praised! 2 Corinthians 9:6-15
The glory of God is the manifestation of His goodness
31.08. - International Jesus March: Click here for more information
07.09. - Introduction to KLF Discipleship Course from 10:00 - 15:00
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10
Post a Comment