It is always exciting when God's people respond radically to His call and yesterday we sent out Johannes Mühleisen as he embarks on a 2 year mission work with YWAM in San Pedro in the Dominican Republic. God is touching our people with a greater passion for Him and many are being stirred to serve the Lord sacrificially.
Yesterday the Lord spoke to us about how we attract His manifest presence. This is what He showed us:
- The apostle Paul writes, "It is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus and who put no confidence in the flesh." Phil 3:3
- Religion is man's attempt to reach God in his own effort and depends on ritual (outward circumcision), form (worship according to tradition and outward appearance) and self-righteousness (dependence on self to be right with God).
- The way of the Spirit is not outward or dependent on man but is dependent on the Spirit and the righteousness of Christ.
- True circumcision is of the heart by the Spirit of God. Rom. 2:28,29; Acts 2:37
- True worship is by the Spirit of God. Jn 4:24
- True righteousness is dependent on Christ's righteousness. 1 Cor 1:30
- It is as the Church depends on the Holy Spirit and places her confidence in Christ to be right with the Father, that the Lord manifests His presence.
- The Church must learn to make room for God to do His work and not get in the way by depending on ritual, form or self-righteousness to move God.
- God is moved and manifests His presence when His people wait on Him and rely on Him rather than on themselves.
- The Church must learn to depend completely on God so that she can boast in Him alone.
- "Therefore, as it is written: 'Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.'" 1 Cor 1:31
After God's Word to us we worshipped the Lord in Spirit and truth and the Lord began to manifest His presence. As He did so, the power of God was present to heal (Luk 5:17; 1 Cor 5:4) and the Holy Spirit began to minister to many people as we prayed for one another. Hallelujah!
We are excited about what God is showing us and for teaching us how to be a people of His Spirit, attracting His manifest presence for His glory and the benefit of His people and the lost.
31.08. - International Jesus March: Click here for more information
07.09. - Introduction to KLF Discipleship Course from 10:00 - 15:00
"It is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus and who put no confidence in the flesh." Phil 3:3