The Lord is speaking to us about His goodness and His glory and yesterday He showed us the following:
- God is good. Man was made made in God's image to reveal His nature and goodness. Gen 1:27,31
- Because man aligned himself with evil, he ceased to be good.
- Even if man is perfectly obedient to the Law, man can still not attain his original goodness. Rom 3:20
- Christ came to reveal the goodness of God and to restore man to his original goodness. 2 Cor 5:21
- Those who are in Christ are a new creation, created good. 2 Cor 5:17; Eph 2:10
- God's divine power gives the believer everything he needs to be good and to reveal God's goodness. 2 Pet 1:3,4
- The goodness of God is revealed when He is compassionate, gracious, abounding in love, slow to anger, faithful, forgiving and just. Ex 34:6
- The glory of God is the revelation of His goodness. Ex 33:18,19
- God calls every believer to reveal His goodness and to overcome evil with good. 1 Pet 3:8-18
- The believer must set apart Christ as Lord in his heart and choose to reveal God's goodness. 1 Pet 3:15
- Those who reveal God's goodness bring people in touch with God. 1 Pet 3:18
The Church must live redemptively, participating in the divine nature and revealing the goodness of God so that people are brought in contact with God through her.
We praise God for His revelation to us and for teaching us to be a community that reveals His goodness and glory. Hallelujah!
07.09. - Introduction to KLF Discipleship Course from 10:00 - 15:00
"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." 2 Peter 1:3,4
Post a Comment