The Lord is teaching us what it means to live the Kingdom Life wherever we are and He has been showing us that to live the Kingdom life is to be holy just as God is holy (1 Peter 1:15). Our Sunday meetings have been very powerful as God has been revealing His holiness to us and helping us understand and experience His holiness so that we know what it is to walk in holiness.
These past two Sundays the Lord has shown us how holiness relates to our relationships with one another and with God. Walking in holiness means aligning ourselves with God's will and purpose on earth as it is in heaven. God is calling His people to return to His Kingdom order so that relationships and families are restored. In particular the Lord is calling the men in the Church to take up their godly roles and responsibilities as the head of the family to restore holiness to the family and society. In a powerful sermon on God's will to restore our families and to heal the brokenness and hurts caused by ungodly fathers and men, Alexander Blair revealed the Father's heart to realign His people to His will for the family and relationships with one another.
Yesterday the Lord spoke to us about what it means to be a holy people and God's purpose for holiness. This is what He showed us:
- God is holy and He calls His people to be holy. 1 Peter 1:15
- As God's holy people we have been purchased with the blood of Jesus to be God's possession. Rev. 5:9; 1 Cor. 6:20; 1 Pet. 2:9
- Living in holiness means living as God's possession. As God's possession, we belong to God and are set apart for Him and His purposes. 2 Cor. 5:15
- God calls His people to live holy lives so that He is revealed to the nations. Ezek. 36:23-32
- Jesus walked in holiness as He walked in complete submission to the Father; therefore revealing the Father and walking in the authority of the Father. Matthew 4:1-11; Mark 1:21-28; 1 John 3:7-10
- Living as God's possession reveals the believer's absolute submission to God's authority and therefore the believer is able to walk in God's authority to overcome the works of the devil. Mat. 10:1,7,8; Luke 10:9, 17-20; Luke 11:14-28; John 17:14-19
- Unless the believer walks under authority, he cannot walk in authority! Luke 7:1-10
- Disobedience gives Satan a foothold that hinders God's authority and power in the believer's life. Eph. 4:26,27; 1 John 3:21-24
- Living as God's possession is demonstrated by the believer's life - his attitude toward authority, his use of his body, time, money, and resources.
- Living as God's possession means every part of the believer's life belongs to God - the believer lives as a steward of what God has entrusted to him.
- God's holy people therefore tithe, fast, abstain, share, give, etc. 1 Cor. 7:5; Mark 9; Isaiah 58
- The purpose of living as God's possession is to reveal God and overcome the kingdom of darkness!
We praise God for showing us what it means to live the Kingdom life so that God's Kingdom is manifested on earth as it is in heaven through His holy people. Hallelujah!
Important dates and events:
2 June: G.O.D. (Global Outreach Day). Click here for more information
17 June at 3pm: KLF meeting @ EFG Frankfurt-Nordwest (Haeberlinstr.3, F-Eschersheim)
8 July at 3pm: KLF meeting @ EFG Frankfurt-Nordwest
Quote of the week:
"You are a chosen people, a royal priesthod, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness and into his wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9