Yesterday the Lord spoke to us about faithfulness and this is what He showed us:
Faithfulness is not valued in the world.
The spirit of this world encourages independency and faithlessness. Psalm 21:1; Matthew 4
God's people must overcome the spirit of this world with the opposite spirit!
God is faithful and the fruit of His Spirit is faithfulness. Ex.34:6; Lam. 3:22,23; Gal. 5:22; 2 Tim. 2:11-13
God's faithfulness is revealed in that,
- He has committed Himself to His people. 1 Cor. 11:23-26
- He doesn't give up on us. Heb. 13:5
- He does not treat us according to what we deserve. 2 Cor. 5:19
- He is always gracious toward us. 2 Cor. 12:9
Faith can be temporary but faithfulness is permanent.
God wants His people to move from faith to faithfulness.
God's people are called to imitate Him and be a faithful people who,
- commit themselves to God, His people and His purposes
- don't give up on God, His people and His purposes
- don't treat God, His people and His purposes according to what they think they deserve
- make every effort to be continuously gracious
Faithfulness produces suffering as our faithfulness is tested. Heb. 2:18; 5:8
God's people can consider the testing of their faith as an opportunity to grow in faithfulness. James 1:2
Faithfulness is a choice! Psalm 119:30
Let us move from faith to faithfulness and be prepared to suffer the consequences of living unconditionally for God, His people and His purposes.
Important dates and events:
2 June: G.O.D. (Global Outreach Day). Click here for more information
17 June at 3pm: KLF meeting @ EFG Frankfurt-Nordwest (Haeberlinstr.3, F-Eschersheim)
8 July at 3pm: KLF meeting @ EFG Frankfurt-Nordwest
Quote of the week:
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22,23