Yesterday's meeting was very powerful as we encountered God in worship and interceded for others in His presence. The Lord is speaking to us about living the Kingdom life wherever we are and showing us what it means to live a holy life, set apart for God and His purposes.Yesterday the Lord showed us that God's holy people are sanctified by faith in God and His Word.
- Faith is the conviction of both the present and future reality of God and His Kingdom. Heb. 11:1
- Faith is not based on what is seen but on the invisible. Heb. 11:1; 2 Cor.4:18
- True faith is always accompanied by a response to God's presence and His Word. John 14:15
The believer's faith is as real as his response to the presence and will of God!
- Faith without action is dead. James 2:26
- Jesus responded to the present reality of the Father. He did what the He saw the Father doing and spoke what He heard the Father saying. John 5:19,30
- Christ's obedience to the Father set Him apart to become the Author of salvation. Heb. 4:8-10
- Christ sancified Himself to be able to sanctify those who would believe in Him. John 17:19
- Through faith and obedience to God's presence and His Word, the believer lives a holy life. John 17:17; 1 Peter 1:14-16
- As God's holy people we are called to live the Kingdom life - a life set apart by our response to God's presence, His Word and the hope of Christ's return.
We praise God for His revelation to us and for setting us apart for His glory!
This week we are praying for the city of Frankfurt to be protected from the planned "Blockupy" protests that have been accompanied by vanadalism and violence in the past. As God's people we are standing together against the forces of darkness that seek to destroy our city!
Quote of the week
"I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but hat you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified." John 17:14-19
Post a Comment