Glory to God!
God is among us! People are encountering Him and being touched by Him. Hallelujah!
The Lord is speaking to us about holiness and is showing us that as His holy people, we are called to be holy. This is what God revealed to us yesterday:
- The believer in Christ is sanctified (made holy) through his union with the Holy One. Eph. 5:3; 1 Cor. 1:2
- Sanctification is not a process. The believer is holy the moment s/he is joined to Christ.
- As God's holy people, set apart for God, believers are commanded to live holy lives. Eph. 4:24; 5:3,8; 1 Peter 1:14-17;
- The believer who pursues holiness is faced with the battle of desires - the desires of the sinful nature against the desires of the Spirit. Gal. 5:17; Rom. 8:12-14
- Those who try to follow rules, or those who use their freedom in Christ to satisfy their own desires, will not produce the fruit of holiness. Rom. 7; 1 Pet.2:16
- Those who seek to not grieve the Holy Spirit but please Him will live in holiness. Eph. 4:30; 5:10
- Those who follow the Spirit will produce the fruit of the Holy Spirit - holiness. Gal. 5:22-25
- Obeying God means following the Holy Spirit and keeping in step with Him, responding to God's presence and leading. Gal. 5:25; Rom. 8:5-14
- God's mercy and grace give the believer access to fellowship with God. 1 John 1:1-2:6
- Those who remain in fellowship with God become increasingly sensitive to what He desires, and in obedience to God will live holy lives. John 14:15; 1 John 3:6, 24
- The way of the Spirit is like dancing with God!
- Fellowship is the key to holiness. To live in holiness the believer must pursue fellowship with God and remain in Him. John 15; 1 John 3:6,24
Important dates and events:
2 June: G.O.D. (Global Outreach Day). Click here for more information
17 June at 3pm: KLF meeting @ EFG Frankfurt-Nordwest (Haeberlinstr.3, F-Eschersheim)
8 July at 3pm: KLF meeting @ EFG Frankfurt-Nordwest
Quote of the week:
"No one who lives in him keeps on sinning." 1 John 3:6
"Ransomed men need no longer to pause in fear to enter the Holy of Holies. God wills that we should push on into His presence and live our whole life there...It is more than a doctrine to be held; it is a life to be enjoyed, every moment of every day." A.W. Tozer
Post a Comment