Glory to God!
The Lord is speaking to us about living the Kingdom life wherever we are. For us to live the Kingdom life, we need revelation of the nature of God's Kingdom and yesterday the Lord showed us that His Kingdom is a Kingdom of grace! Looking at Romans chapter 5, this is what He showed us:
- Adam's sin caused all of mankind to become sinful by nature. Rom. 5:12-14
- The symptom of the sinful nature is sin which leads to death. Rom. 5:12-14
- The consequence of man's sinful nature is judgment, condemnation and death. Rom. 5:16
- God dealt with the root of the problem as well as the symptom - He dealt with man's sinful nature as well as the fruit of that nature by giving us His Son. Rom. 5:8,15
- Those who trust in Jesus receive a new nature! God replaces the old sinful nature with a righteous nature so that those who are in Christ become righteous by nature. Rom. 5:17; 1 Cor. 1:30; 2 Cor. 5:21
- The gift of righteousness provides the believer with wonderful privileges!
The Privileges of Righteousness
- The believer has access to God's abundant grace. Rom. 5:2; Heb. 4:16
- The believer can stand in God's abundant grace. Rom. 5:2
- Grace reigns in the believer's life. Rom. 5:21
- Grace empowers the believer. Heb. 13:9; 2 Tim. 2:1
- Grace enables the believer to overcome temptation and sin (Titus 2:11-14; Rom. 2:4) and to reign in life (Rom. 5.17).
- Just as Jesus came full of grace and truth, so the believer is to produce the fruit of the Kingdom of grace. John 1:14, 16, 17
- The key to being gracious like Christ is to live in intimacy with the Father. Just as Jesus came from the Father's heart full of grace, so the believer must stay close to the Father's gracious heart (Gr. kolpos = bosom, heart). John 1:14, 18; 13:23
We become gracious as we are soaked
in the gracious presence of God!
We praise God for His wonderful revelation to us and for His amazing gift of righteousness and grace! Hallelujah!
Important dates and events:
2 June: G.O.D. (Global Outreach Day). Click here for more information
17 June at 3pm: KLF meeting @ EFG Frankfurt-Nordwest (Haeberlinstr.3, F-Eschersheim)
8 July at 3pm: KLF meeting @ EFG Frankfurt-Nordwest
Quote of the week:
"When the king smiles, there is life; his favour refreshes like a spring rain." Proverbs 16:15
Post a Comment