Glory to God!
As the Lord continues to speak to us about the nature of the Church, He is showing us what it means to be the children of God and He is giving us a greater revelation of who He is as our God and Father.
God's Word for KLF this year is from Isaiah 61:1-3 and Acts 2:42-47 and we are excited to see how God is bringing it about as we move with Him. Yesterday the Lord spoke to us about how the Church is called to greatness and this is what He showed us:
- Jesus was sent to reconcile man to God so that he would reveal the glory of God and be "a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendour." Isaiah 61:1-3
- God set apart a people for Himself who would reveal His greatness to the nations (Deut. 4:6-8) and to the spiritual realm (Eph. 3:10)!
- God's people are great because they are one with their great God. 1 John 4:4&15; 2 Peter 1:4
- God wants His people to change the way they think about themselves and to align their thinking with the way God thinks about them. Jer. 1:6,7
- Jesus did not reprimand His disciples for desiring greatness but for the way they thought they would achieve it! Matthew 20:20-28
- Many Christians are confined by their small-mindedness but God wants His people to look to Him and be delivered from the limitations of human reason, the natural, and wrong thinking. Jer. 33:1-3; 2 Cor. 4:18; Col. 3:1-3
- The Church needs revelation of her identity in Christ or she will be ineffective on earth. Unless the people of God recognise their greatness (importance, significance, worth) in Christ, they will walk in false humility and veil the splendour of their God (Is. 61:3). The Church is the revelation of the glory of God! 2 Cor. 3:18
- True humility is to not thinking less of oneself but thinking of oneself less!
- God wants to encourage His people to walk in greatness and to be an encouragement to others. For this very reason, the Holy Spirit was given so that we would no longer be orphans but be encouraged as the Sons of God. John 14:15-20
- The work of the Spirit, as the Comforter and Encourager, is to build up and encourage the Church. 1 Cor. 14:3,26,31; 2 Cor. 1:3-5
The Church is called to greatness and to be the revelation of the Father's greatness. Only in the realisation of her greatness in Christ will she be an influence and an encouragement to the saints and the lost.
After our evening meeting we had another wonderful opportunity to minister God's love to the poor and needy at our monthly soup kitchen. We sang Christmas carols and had a Christmas celebration with over 80 hungry people. It was very special and many were blessed not only with a small gift, the Word of God and food but with the love and presence of God.
Next week KLF is having a family Christmas celebration and we are looking forward to a great time together with a lot of fun and food. Everyone is welcome to join us. Check here for more info...
Quote of the week:
"His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, according to his eternal purpose which he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord." Eph. 3:10 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jer. 33:3