Glory to God!
Yesterday the Lord spoke to us about two foundational truths that are essential to understand for us to mature in the Lord. This is what God showed us:
Our salvation is God's work
- Christ is our salvation and our righteousness. Is. 61:10,11
- Christ is eternal life. 1 John 5:11,12,20
- Since the believer is joined to Christ, s/he is joined to eternal life and therefore has eternal life.
- The believer is saved because s/he is united to eternal life. Col. 3:3
- Christ is our righteousness. 1 Cor. 1:30,31
- The believer is righteous because s/he is joined to the righteous One.
- Apart from Christ the believer does not have eternal life and cannot be righteous. Gal. 2:20,21
- Both our natural birth and our natural growth are God's work.
- Similarly our spiritual birth and spiritual growth are dependent on God! Is. 61:10,11; 1 Cor. 3:6,7; Col. 2:19
- Apart from God, we cannot be born again, grow or bear lasting fruit! John 15:4
- To grow and bear fruit, the believer must be rooted in Christ! Col. 2:6,7
- To be rooted in Christ is to depend on His work in us and through us by faith. Gal. 2:20
- unbelief (Heb. 3:19-4:2),
- self-effort (Gal. 2:21; Phil. 3:1-3) or
- dependence on man rather than on Christ (1 Co. 2:12; 3:1-11; Col. 2:18-23).
The Father wants His children to learn to depend on Jesus and to draw from His grace for life.
We praise God for His awesome revelation to us that is rebuilding, restoring and renewing us so that we can in turn rebuild, restore and renew those around us with His grace and power. Hallelujah!
Upcoming events and important dates:
27 June: Mike Vickers - Crosswalk launch (Frankfurt - Berlin)
4 July: KLF meets at Baptist church in Eschersheim (Haeberlinstr. 3)
31 July - 7 Aug: Faith Camp (click here for more info...)
10 - 13 Aug: Arts Festival (click here for more info...)
15 Aug: KLF meets at Baptist church in Eschersheim (Haeberlinstr.3)
28 Aug. : Summer celebration with TPLF in Bockenheim
Quote of the week:
"I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations." Is. 61:10,11