"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift" 2 Cor. 9:15
The Lord is continuing to reveal the truth of His grace to us, and yesterday He showed us the following:
- In Christ the believer has received grace upon grace. John 1:16
- In Christ the believer has received fullness of life. John 10:10; Col. 2:10
- In Christ the believer has received every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realm. Eph. 1:3
- God wants the believer to walk in the fullness s/he has received, now. 2 Cor. 6:1,2
- God wants the believer to walk in His fullness so that s/he will minister His grace to others.
- God has given the believer His Spirit so that s/he will understand what s/he has freely received. 1 Cor. 2:12
- The fruitfulness of the gospel depends on the revelation the believer has of God's grace! Col.1:6
- What the believer has freely received, s/he is to freely give as a minister of God's grace. Mt. 10:8; 1 Cor. 11:23; Acts 3:6; 1 Peter 4:10,11
- God has made the believer competent as a minister of His Spirit and grace. 2 Cor. 3:6
- For the believer to be an effective minister of God's grace, s/he must believe s/he has received and s/he must humble him/herself for grace to abound. God gives grace to the humble. James 4:6
Faith and humility are the keys to overflowing with God's grace.
- Humility "has no confidence in the flesh." Phil. 3:3
- Humility is confidence in God and no confidence in self apart from God. John 5:19; Phil. 4:13
In response to God's amazing revelation, we spent time ministering God's grace to one another in His power and in the confidence that He is able to make all grace abound to us (2 Cor. 9:8). Hallelujah!
Some highlights of the week have been the start of our study in the Letter to the Hebrews at our Tuesday Bible study; our worship team supporting Voice in the City at their Arise Shine! meeting on Saturday and hearing the testimonies of lives being changed by God's grace in the church and outside the church. Hallelujah!
This weekend we will have our KLF Training days with Mike and Kay Chance. Check here for details...
Quote of the week:
"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms." 1 Peter 4:10