The Lord is continuing to reveal the extent of His love to us. By the Holy Spirit we are receiving revelation of what we have been freely given (1 Cor. 2:12) and it's mind-blowing! Hallelujah! Yesterday the Lord spoke to us about True Freedom and this is what He showed us:
- In Christ the believer has received everything s/he needs for life because s/he has received the fullness of God. Col. 1:19; 2:9,10
- God has done everything for mankind to be able to receive fullness of life in Christ Jesus. Rom. 5:6-8
- This awesome gift of Life is received by believing in the finished work of the cross. Eph. 1:13,14
- Salvation is God's work. 1 Cor. 1:26-30
- Hunility is confidence in God.
- Everything man needs is found in Jesus. Christ is the believer's wisdom, righteousness, holiness and redemption. 1 Cor. 1:30
- The way for man to have life and to walk in righteousness, wisdom etc is to believe in, and trust in the Righteousness, Wisdom, and Life who lives in the believer.
- The gift of Christ, who is the believer's Life, is received by faith. Eph. 2:1-9
- The believer has been given the fullness of God and s/he can rest in the completed work of Christ.
- The believer's life begins by faith and should continue by faith in Christ! Gal. 3:3
- When a believer lives his or her life under rules and regulations, s/he becomes legalistic and places him/herself under law - trying to attain a righteousness apart from Christ (self-righteousness). Gal. 5:4
- Law activates the flesh and results in condemnation!
- Alternatively believers treat God's gift as a license to do whatever they like which leads to a life controlled by selfish desires. Gal. 5:13; Rom. 6:1,2
- Both legalism and liberalism are not freedom.
- True freedom is found by walking according to the leading of the Spirit. 2 Cor. 3:17
- The Holy Spirit primarily uses the conscience of the believer to direct him/her. Rom. 14; 1 John 3:19-24
- The road to true freedom (sanctification) is all God's work - by grace through faith.
- Jesus is the Author and Finisher of the believer's faith! Heb. 12:2
- The believer lives in true freedom when s/he lives by the Spirit; free from the control of the law and free from the control of the flesh.
- God is faithful and it is Christ in the believer who works all things. 2 Cor.1:21; 1 Thess. 5:23,24
- To continue to walk in true freedom, the believer simply needs to trust in Christ to do His work in and through him/her. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life! John 14:6
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom! 2 Cor. 3:17
We praise God for His amazing grace and love and for revealing the depth of His grace and love to us by His Spirit!
Quote of the week:
"You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?" Gal. 3:1-3