Yesterday's meeting was great fun and a wonderful start to the new year. Check out pictures and videos of the meeting here. The whole KLF family stayed together and so we had a lot of fun with the children as they participated in the meeting.
The Lord spoke to us about 2009 being a year in which He wants to see a restoration of the fear of the Lord and true prayer in the Church. God "is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine" and if we are to experience the new things the Lord wants to do in and through us, we must do the following:
1. Position ourselves.
- Unless we change something today, things remain the same tomorrow.
- Positioning ourselves to experience more of God will require repentance - a change in the way we think and behave.
- The disciples re-positioned themselves immediately as they followed Jesus. Matthew 4:17-22
- We need to risk in the natural to secure the spiritual.
- Risk must overcome the fear of disappointment and the fear of man.
- Through faith we have access to the limitless power of God. Eph. 1:19; 3:20
- We must make the most of this awesome privilege!
- As we access the supernatural we must yield to the Holy Spirit.
- We must yield to God's thoughts and God's ways.
- We must expect God to do the impossible.
- Faith expects God to prove His Word.
- We must resolve not to give up but persevere until God fulfills His promises and we experience the "abundantly more than we can ask or imagine."
P.R.A.Y.E.R. - Positioning, Risking, Accessing, Yielding, Expecting and Resolving form the basis of what is needed to experience all that God wants to do in and through us. We believe that the Lord is going to teach us and deepen our understanding of how to pray the way He wants us to pray both individually and corporately this year and that as we develop a lifestyle of prayer we will experience the new things God wants to do this year! Hallelujah!
Yesterday evening we had a very special time with the homeless and needy as we worshipped together, shared the Word together, prayed together and ate together. Glory to God!
This week we are resuming our mid-week meetings and this Sunday we will have the possibility of an extended time of hanging out together after the meeting.
Quote of the week:
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Eph. 3:20,21
Post a Comment