It's been another exciting week! As the Lord teaches us about prayer and we apply His Word to our lives, we are seeing a greater desire and fervency to pray both individually and corporately. The spirit of prayer and the dynamic of prayer is increasing and we are seeing the fruit of our prayers already! God has spoken to us about 2009 being a year of breakthrough and fruitfulness and as we pray God's way, we "will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living" (Psalm 27:13)!
On Saturday our worship team was invited to be part of the Arise Shine conference, organised by Voice in the city with Gayle Claxton and Suzette Hattingh. We praise God for the way He is bringing the Body of Christ together and for the spirit of unity that is developing in Frankfurt amongst the churches. We believe that God will use these Arise Shine conferences to bring the Body together and equip the Church to make a larger impact on Frankfurt! Hallelujah!
Yesterday three people covenanted with KLF to:
- Establish our covenant unity with Christ and one another
- Establish God's call on our lives to be part of His local Body
- Establish our commitment to one another to live in fellowship (Koinonia)
- Express our agreement of our values, beliefs and the vision of KLF
- Express our unity in passion for what God is doing in and through KLF
- Express our unity of DNA
- Exercise our unity by serving one another with one's time, energy and resources
We are excited about how God is bringing people to us who are devoted to the Lord and to His local church to see Him glorified and to further God's Kingdom on earth as it is in Heaven!
Yesterday theLord spoke to us about the right and the responsibility to pray! He showed us that as believers we have:
- The right to become children of God (John 1:12)
- The right to call God, "Abba" Father (Rom. 8:14-16)
- Full rights as sons and daughters of God (Gal.3:26-4:7)
- The right to receive our inheritance because we are heirs (Luke 15:12; 31)
- The right to pray (Matt.6:9; Heb. 10:19-22)
The Lord then showed us that we are anointed to be a royal priesthood (Ex.19:4-6; 1 Peter 2:9,10; Rev.5:10) with the priestly responsibility:
- To raise God's name up in worship - spirit of worship (1 Peter 2:9; John 4:21-24; Heb.9:9;10:1)
- To represent man to God - spirit of intercession (Heb.7:25; Rom.8:26,27)
- To reconcile man to God - ministry of reconciliation (John 16:8-11; 2 Cor. 5:18-21)
- To reveal God to man - ministers of the Spirit (Rom.15:16; 2 Cor.3:4-6)
God has anointed us to be His children with the right to pray and He has anointed us to be priests of the Kingdom with the responsibility to pray!
In response to God's Word to us we anointed every believer with oil to establish the anointing we have received as children of God and as priests of the Kingdom to pray heaven on earth!
We are devoted to prayer and we have started a pre-meeting prayer time that takes place every Sunday before the meeting and we are setting up intercessor cards for the Body to be purposefully active in prayer.
Quote of the week:
"..you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9
Post a Comment