Glory to God!
On Saturday we had our open house day at our newly renovated KLF office in F-Bockenheim. It is a blessing to have such a centrally located meeting place for our mid-week meetings as we seek to influence the city of Frankfurt with God's Kingdom. The office floor now has a cosy coffee area, an inspiring larger room for prayer meetings, seminars and small group meetings, three offices, a kitchen and a rest room. It was fun having people pop round for coffee and cake and a chat on Saturday and we are looking forward to using the premises to full capacity as our people make the most of God's provision to us.
On Sunday, Richard began the meeting by sharing a few principles concerning worship. This is what he shared:
- Worship does not begin with the worshipper. When we struggle to worship God, it is probably because we are trying to initiate worship.
- Worship begins with God and is the worshipper's response to who God is, what He has done, is doing and will do.
- The Father seeks worshippers and so He expects His children to worship Him with their lives.
- The Sunday meeting is another opportunity to express one's response to God.
- Worship cannot be passive. True worship always involves an engagement with God.
- At KLF we expect people to engage with God in whatever manner they feel free to respond to God, whether seated, lying on the floor, standing, pacing, dancing, with arms raised or bowed down, etc. - the way we worship is not important but THAT we worship is important!
As we reflected on God's love for us and what He has done for us, we very quickly entered into a spirit of worship that truly honoured the presence of our King!
Worship in song flowed naturally as we responded to God's love and goodness which then led into a spirit of intercession as we responded to the Holy Spirit's guidance to pray for one another. It was a powerful time that the Holy Spirit was using to prepare us for the message that Alexander would bring. God's Word to us was encouraging, convicting and clear as Alexander spoke to us about our being a house of prayer (Mark 11:17). Alexander showed us that we must understand God's purpose for our lives, what we are called to be and do and to be obedient to these. It was a call to prayer, not because we must but because we are the house of prayer, the temple of the Holy Spirit, the habitation of our great Intercessor and High Priest, Jesus Christ! God is calling KLF to be fervent in prayer both individually and corporately. Let us be obedient to His call.
Preparations are well under way for our Christmas musical entitled, Chosen. The production will be performed on the 21.12 at CZF at 10:30 and at KLF at 15:00. Further performances will take place on the 24.12 at 14:30 and 16:30 at the FCG (Eckenheimer Landstr.180). All are welcome to come and are encouraged to bring neighbours, friends, colleagues and the like to not only experience an excellent Christ-centred production but have an opportunity to hear the Gospel in a way that is fun, convicting and powerful.
02.12. KLF Prayer Meeting at Leipziger Str.60
21.12. Chosen - A Christmas Musical
24.12 Christmas Eve Reflection at 16:00 at Leipziger Str.60