Time for Revival was the theme for two evenings set aside for worship, prayer, teaching and moving with the Holy Spirit. We had an awesome time as we worshipped the Lord and He manifested His presence. The Holy Spirit confirmed the truth as people encountered and experienced the truth of who He is and what He does. It was a very special time of fellowship and intimacy with the Holy Spirit who led us into a deeper knowledge of His person and His ministry.
Looking at what true revival is, Richard showed us that revival happens when people come under the influence of the person of the Holy Spirit. Looking at who the Holy Spirit is and what He is sent to do, we learned the importance of growing in our relationship with the Holy Spirit and submitting to His presence, His nature and His will for us in order for us to be revived. You can listen to both messages here:
The Person of the Holy Spirit
The Ministry of the Holy Spirit
Here is an outline of what Richard shared:
The person of the Holy Spirit
- To be filled with the Holy Spirit is to come under His influence. Ephesians 5:18
- The Holy Spirit is a person and not just a force.
- The Holy Spirit has emotions (Ephesians 4:30), desires (Romans 8:5), thoughts (1 Corinthians 2:10-14) and is jealous for our affection (James 4:4).
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of life who seeks to give life to God's people as they live under His influence. Romans 8:1-17
- Those who submit to the person of the Holy Spirit, live under His influence and are revived.
- A revived people manifest the influence of the Holy Spirit in their lives, bear the fruit of His nature and are moved to fulfill His ministry and purpose. Galatians 5:22; Romans 8:14
The ministry of the Holy Spirit
- The Spirit leads us into truth. John 16:13
- The Spirit reveals all that belongs to the Father. John 16:14
- The Spirit gives us access to the intimate union between the Father and the Son. John 14.20,21; 17:26
- The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are sons of God and can experience true sonship, knowing and experiencing God as "Abba, Father." Romans 8:15
- The Spirit gives us access to the Father to encounter Him and intercede for others as Jesus does out of the intimate union of sonship. Ephesians 2:18; John 16:26,27; Romans 8:26,27
- The Spirit empowers God's children to release Heaven on earth out of the intimate union we have with the Father. John 14:12-14
- The Spirit moves God's people to fulfill His fivefold ministry of being sent to birth and establish God's Kingdom (apostolic); of passing on what He receives from the Father (prophetic); of testifying about Jesus, of convicting the world of guilt and of making the good news of God's grace known (evangelistic); of walking alongside and comforting God's people (pastoral) and of leading people into God's truth and teaching people the truth (teacher).
"Revival happens when people come under the influence of the person of the Holy Spirit."