Glory to God!
KLF Church Day
On Saturday we had our KLF Church Day where we spent time together as a church family, looking at our vision and values; our organisational structure, introducing our various leaders who in turn shared who they are, what they are responsible for, what is on their hearts for their respective ministries and what their needs are. We also looked at our finances and what we are planning for 2014 and concluded our meeting with a Q&A session. It was a great time to be together and to hear what God is doing with us and where He wants to take us.
To be a people who live the Kingdom life wherever we are!
Our Values (B.R.I.D.E.)
Belong. FAITH (Alignment) - living from spiritual reality.
Relationship. LOVE (Purpose) - living to love God, His people and His salvation purposes.
Identity. In CHRIST (Union) - living from our new identity in Christ as children of God and the Body of Christ.
Devotion. WORSHIP (Service) - living to serve God with our lives as we live holy lives for Him and serve one another.
Expectation. HOPE (Kingdom) - living in the assurance of what is not seen but will be revealed and fulfilled.
6 Pillars for Health and Growth
Yesterday Frances Morschel spoke about 6 Pillars for Health & Growth as part of our series on Live C.H.U.R.C.H. Looking once again at Ephesians 4:15,16, we noted that unless we are aligned to Christ with every area of our lives, we will not be healthy and grow. Frances showed us 6 areas or pillars that the believer needs to be aware of that need to be healthy in order for the believer, and consequently the church, to grow. These pillars are like the teeth of a cogwheel that are needed for the whole machine to function effectively as each cog is aligned to one another and to Christ. The 6 pillars are:
- Spiritual - the believer must be filled with spiritual food to remain and grow spiritually healthy. Col 3:1-3; Eph 1:17-19
- Mental - the believer is transformed by the renewing of his or her mind and must be aware of thoughts that are not aligned to God's truth and make them obedient to Christ. Rom 12:2; Phil 4:8; 2 Cor 10:4,5
- Emotional - the believer's default position is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Guilt, shame, unforgiveness, bitterness, anxiety, etc are toxic emotions that must be dealt with to return to one's default position in Christ. Rom 14:17; Phil 4:6,7
- Physical - the believer is to be a good steward of his or her body. We cannot expect to thrive in the other areas of our lives if we neglect caring for our physical condition. 1 Cor 10:23
- Relational - the believer's relationships reflect his or her relationship to God. Relationship is central to God's purpose for our lives since He is a relational Being! 1 Jn 4:19-21
- Material - the believer's relationship to material possessions must be healthy. God entrusts us with material things to be good stewards of them and for us to reveal His generous nature. Rather than being possessive and finding security in material things, God wants His children to be generous stewards of what He entrusts us with. 2 Cor 9:6-15
Understanding that each pillar affects the others helps the believer ensure that all 6 pillars are not neglected so that the believer, and consequently the church, can be healthy and grow in life.
15.02. Flag/Banner Seminar from 10:00 - 16:00 at Salzschlirferstr.15
08.03. Knigge Seminar with Marion Klug from 10:00 - 16:00 at Großse Seestr.29
14,15.03. Recovering Lost Ground Conference with Richard Maybery