The Lord is speaking to us about being a people of faith, hope and love. The essence of our lives in Christ is based on faith, hope and love and yesterday the Lord spoke to us about the importance of hope. This is what He showed us:
- Hope is joyful expectation.
- Hope comes from spiritual revelation.
- Without spiritual revelation the believer "deteriorates" and is hopeless. Prov. 29:18
- Spiritual revelation is seeing the truth of heaven and God's Kingdom. Eph. 1:17-19
- Faith and love spring from hope. Col. 1:5
- Faith is strengthened by hope. Rom. 4:18-21
- Persevering faith because of hope leads to manifestation of the truth. Matt. 6:10
- Faith comes from fixing our eyes on spiritual truth and the promises of God. Heb. 11:1, 13; 12:2
- Hope never disappoints. Rom. 5:5
Quote of the week:
"We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints - the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the word of truth, the gospel that has come to you." Col. 1:3-6
Post a Comment