Praise the Lord!
God is rebuilding, restoring and renewing His people as we encounter Him in our meetings and in our fellowship with one another. It's awesome!
Yesterday the Lord spoke to us about walking in victory and living by the overcoming Spirit in us. This is what He showed us:
- Jesus overcame the world, the flesh and the devil. John 16:33; Mt. 26:36-45; 1 John 3:8
- Jesus never gave in to the will and the ways of the world, the self-life or the devil but always did the will of the Father and lived according to the Father's ways.
- Just as Jesus overcame so He expects His followers to do the same. Rev. 2:7,11,17,26,27; 3:5,6,12,21; 21:6-8
- The believer is called to run to win the race. 1 Cor. 9:24-26
- To overcome, the believer must appropriate the victory he has in Christ and continue in the overcoming spirit by remaining in Him.
- By remaining in Christ and His Word, the believer will overcome the world, the flesh and the devil. 1 John 5:4; Gal. 5:16,17; 1 John 2:14
- God empowers the believer to overcome. Psalm 44:3; Rom. 8:34-39; Eph. 6:10; 1 Cor. 15:57; 1 John 4:4; 2 Cor. 2:15; 2 Tim. 1:7
- Through faith in the Overcomer who lives in the believer and in whom the believer lives, s/he will overcome!
How does the believer activate an overcoming spirit?
- Trust that you have received the Spirit of the Victorious One. 2 Tim. 1:7; 1 John 4:4
- Build yourself up in your faith by realising who you are one with. Jude 20; 1 John 4:15
- Allow the Word of God to remain in you. John 15:7; 1 John 5:4
- Position yourself for victory! Joshua 6
- Think before you act!
- Become increasingly God-conscious. Psalm 44:3
- Overcome one challenge at a time.
- Practice exchanging evil with good. Rom. 12:21
- Overcome in secret to overcome in public.
- Find out what pleases God and do it.
- Shake off failures but learn from them. Don't allow past failures to affect your spirit or the future.
- Celebrate small victories.
- Record and remember your victories (testimonies).
- Choose to walk daily in an overcoming spirit and don't be overcome by the will and the ways of the world, the flesh and the devil!
People are being saved, healed and delivered as they place their faith in the great Overcomer - our victorious Jesus Christ! Hallelujah!
Quote of the week:
"Don't you realise that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step." 1 Cor. 9:24-26 (NLT)
Post a Comment