As we continue to honour God's presence in our meetings and learn to abide in Him, the Lord is manifesting more and more of Himself to us. God is stripping us of all form so that He can rebuild Truth into our lives and we become "rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith...and overflowing with thankfulness" (Col. 2:7).
Yesterday Suzette Hattingh gave us a God-glorifying and faith-building report of her almost 2 month Indonesia tour where she witnessed God heal the sick, raise the dead, drive out demons, rescue the lost from the kingdom of darkness, heal and restore relationships city-wide and many other wonderful miracles. You can read more here...
The Lord then spoke to us about what attracts His face as we looked at Matthew 20:29-34.
Two blind men were sitting on the side of the road and when they became aware of the presence of Jesus there was something about them to cause Jesus to stop and turn His face toward them.
What drew His attention?
- They recognised their need! Mt. 20:33; Mt. 6:25-33; Mt. 5:6; 2 Cor. 12:9,10
- They recognised that Jesus was the only solution! Mt.20:30; Psalm 63:1
- They persevered until they found what they were looking for! Mt. 20:31; Mt. 6:33; Heb. 11:6
- Many people don't seek until they find because of:
Arrogance - they don't think they need to
Unbelief - they don't really believe they will find so they give up seeking
- They honoured Jesus as Lord. Mt. 20:30,33; Mt.10:40-42
- They didn't "use" Jesus for selfish motives but devoted their lives to Him. Mt. 20:31; Lk 6:46
This Sunday we are meeting in the Baptist church in Frankfurt-Eschersheim for a new life celebration as we baptise those who have received new life in Christ. The location of the church can be found here...
Quote of the week:
"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you..." Psalm 63:1