The Lord is continuing to rebuild, restore and renew us as He is exposing wrong mindsets, attitudes and behaviour in order to rebuild solid and strong foundations into our lives. Through this process, the Lord is moving us out of a place of being ruled, or roaming and moving us into the place of fullness in Him where we are reigning in life (see previous posts).
Yesterday we had a powerful time with God as He showed us the important difference between a "believer" and a disciple. Looking at John 8:28-59, this is what the Lord showed us:
- A believer believes in Jesus and knows what He says.
- A disciple believes Jesus and does what He says.
- Jesus modelled true discipleship as He only spoke and did what the Father told Him. John 8:28,29
- Jesus challenged those who believed in Him by showing them that everyone is mastered by that which s/he is obedient to, whether it be:
- Sin. John 8:34,35
- Abraham. John 8:39
- Satan. John 8:44
- God. John 8:47,55
- Jesus. John 8:31, 51
- A true disciple believes Jesus and does what He says.
- Those who hear and don't do, deceive themselves. James 1:22
- The disciple looks intently into the Word to see his spiritual reflection and to be saturated with the Truth so that s/he will naturally overflow with what s/he is filled with! James 1:23-25
- Those who are saturated and overflowing with the Truth are those who receive the Word "with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction" so that their faith becomes visible and known. 1 Thess. 1:4-8
- To be convinced is to be saturated (Greek:plero) with the truth and to bear it continuously (Greek:phoreo).
This Saturday a group of us will be "hitting the streets" of Frankfurt to demonstrate the love of God and to overflow with His Truth.
We are excited about what God is doing with us as He is rebuilding, restoring and renewing us so that we can help others be rebuilt, restored and renewed.
Quote of the week:
"If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples." John 8:31