Glory to God!
What a brilliant start to 2010! The Lord is teaching us to live in His presence and this past Sunday He spoke to us about what it means to remain in Him. This is what He showed us:
- Those who believe in Jesus are completely immersed in God. Gal. 3:27; John 14:15-25
- Since the believer has been immersed in God, he is to remain in Him. Col. 2:6,7; John 15:1-17
- To remain in God is to remain in His nature. John 15:9,10; 1 John 4:10-16
- To remain in God the believer must continue to be obedient to God. John 15:10
- Obedience keeps us in God's presence. John 8:29; 15:10
- Obedience does not lead the believer into God's presence - repentance does! James 4:7-10
- Revelation of God's presence and obedience to Him leads to overflow and fruitfulness. Phil. 2:1-11; John 15:4,5
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16
This past Sunday we ordained KLF's new youth leader, Jason van der Berg. We are excited about God's raising sons and daughters to take the next generation further with Him. Hallelujah!
On Sunday morning a number of us attended the "Allianz Tag" (alliance day) meeting to be part of what God is doing with and through the churches in Frankfurt. It is exciting to see the Church having joint meetings and supporting a common project to reach the city of Frankfurt.
Next Sunday will be our KLF vision day - an exciting opportunity to hear what is on God's heart for KLF in 2010!
Quote of the week:
"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." John 15:4