2010 has arrived and we are excited about what God is doing and will do this year! If yesterday's meeting was a taste of what lies ahead, then this year is going to be awesome! The Lord spoke to us about how He wants us to be a people of His presence and this is what He showed us:
- If we only focus on the future, we lose our awareness of what is happening in the present.
- God wants His people to abide in His presence and be aware of what He is doing in the present.
- The believer can lose his awareness of the presence of God when he becomes more concerned with procedure or wrong priorities or God's promises or problems rather than God's presence.
- A religious people are more concerned about procedure than God's presence. Luke 1:10,21; John 5:39,40
- The believer must be careful not to prioritise working for God above seeking His presence. Luke 10:38-42
- The believer must be careful not to focus on God's promises more than His presence. Exodus 33:1, 12-15; Acts 1:4,14
- The believer must be careful not to be more concerned with problems than His presence. 1 Ki. 19; Gen. 31:20-23; Acts 16:25, 40
In response to God's Word to us, we spent time entering His presence and enjoying true fellowship with Him.
In the evening we had another opportunity to minister God's presence to the poor and needy at our monthly homeless mission.
Quote of the week:
"The Lord replied, ' My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.' Then Moses said to him, 'If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.'" Exodus 33:14,15