Last week was amazing! On Tuesday the church was called to fast and pray and consequently we had a dynamic time together at our Tuesday evening prayer meeting! Hallelujah! The Lord is continuing to teach us how to pray and yesterday he spoke to us about what it means to pray in the name of Jesus:
- We are to pray in the name of Jesus. John 16:23,26
- To do anything in the name of another is to represent that person.
- A name is only as significant as the person it represents.
- The more we know a person, the more significant that person's name becomes to us.
- In order to truly represent somebody, one must be able to be that person.
- In the natural one can only emulate another person.
- In the spiritual the believer has received the Spirit to be able to be just like Jesus and to reveal Him.
- Jesus came in the name of the Father to reveal the Father. John 14:9-11; 17:11
- The Holy Spirit has come in the name of Jesus to reveal Jesus. John 14:26; 16:14
- The believer has been given the name of Jesus in order to reveal Him by the Holy Spirit. John 17:18
- The believer is to live in Jesus' name if he is to pray in Jesus' name! Col. 3:12-17
- The believer is to represent Jesus as He is in heaven! Col. 3:1-3; 1 John 4:17; Eph. 1:17-23
In response to God's awesome revelation to us, we prayed for one another in the glorious name of Jesus and many people were deeply touched by the Father. Hallelujah!
This week is going to be another exciting week with God and we are particularly looking forward to the weekend when we will have our KLF Training Days with Mike and Kay Chance.
Quote of the week:
"When we pray to the Father it must be in Jesus' name. The name represents the person. To ask in His name is to ask in full union of interest, life, and love with Himself, as one who lives in and for Him. Let the name of Jesus have undivided supremacy in my heart and life! My faith will grow to the assurance that what I ask for in that Name cannot be refused. The Name and the power of asking go together. When the name of Jesus has become the power that rules my life, its power with God will be seen too. Everything depends on my relationship to the Name. The power it has on my life is the power it will have in my prayers....When it is everything to me, it will obtain everything for me. If I let it have all I have, it will let me have all it has." (Andrew Murray, With Christ in the school of prayer)
Post a Comment