Yesterday the Lord spoke to us about being a people of prayer and our need to pray for our natural and spiritual leaders. In particular He spoke to us about how He wants us to be:
- A people who fellowship with the Holy Spirit (2 Cor. 13:14)
- A people who honour the Holy Spirit and value the anointing (Eph. 4:30; 1 Jn 2:20,27)
- A people who pray the will of God as revealed by the Spirit of God (1 Jn 5:14,15; 1 Cor.212-14; Jn 16:13-16)
- A people who pray for their spiritual and natural leaders (Heb. 13:7,17,18; 1 Tim. 2:1,2; Rom. 13:1-7; Titus 1:3)
- A people who pray Heaven on earth (Mt. 6:9)
As a response to God's Word to us, I encouraged people to come forward to demonstrate their faith in the truth of God's Word that as children of God we are anointed (1 John 2:20,27) and to demonstrate a desire to fellowship with, and to honour and value the Holy Spirit.
As people stood in front and were anointed with oil, the Holy Spirit began to minister to His people in a most beautiful way. It was evident that people were being touched deeply but what was most wonderful to see, was the Lord touch our children (one 10-year old boy in particular was touched in a very powerful way as the Holy Spirit ministered to him).
Words cannot describe His precious presence. Thank you Holy Spirit!
Quote of the day:
"The Holy Spirit comes on foot but leaves on horseback!"