Glory to God!
Yesterday's meeting was very encouraging as we heard testimonies of answered prayer and a message entitled, "Wrestling in prayer" in which Richard shared the following:
- Sometimes we don't experience breakthrough because of the reality of our fight against spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Eph 6:10-12
- Although the believer has the authority and power in Christ to resist the enemy, there are situations where we need prayer support as others wrestle with us in prayer until we experience breakthrough. James 4:7
- Just as the Reubenites, the Gadites and the half-tribe of Manasseh helped their brothers until they possessed the land and found rest, so we must help one another to take possession of what is rightfully ours in Christ until we find rest. Joshua 1:12-15
- Epaphras was a man who wrestled in prayer for the saints that they would stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured. Col 4:12
- To wrestle in prayer is to agonize (Gr. agonizomai) or contend in prayer until victory.
- In order to pray effectively, we must stand firm by realising our union with Christ (Christ our Truth, our Righteousness, our Peace, the Author of our faith, and our Salvation) and pray in the authority of Christ by His Spirit and by the Truth of God. Eph 6:13-18
- God's promises, His truth and His Word to us are the land that He has given every believer to possess, occupy and find rest in. Hebrews 3:7-4:11
- God calls us to help one another and to wrestle in prayer together so that everyone in the Body possesses the land and finds rest in what is rightfully ours in Christ, such as: freedom (Gal 5:1; John 8:36), peace (Phil 4:4-7; Is 9:7); healing (Isa 53:5); power (2 Tim 1:7; Acts 1:8; Luke 10:19), etc
We praise God for the victory that is ours in Christ and for the power of prayer! Halleluja!
This week pastors Julius and Roszel are arriving and will be spending two weeks with us. We are looking forward to having them with us as we strengthen our relationship with them and Kingdom Life Butuan and spend time as a church encouraging one another in our faith and in the work we are doing to further God's Kingdom together.
Upcoming meetings and events
Tuesdays from 19:00 - 21:00: Bible Study - a journey through the letter to the Romans at Leipziger Str.60 (L60)
Fridays from 7:00 - 8:00: Prayer Meeting at L60
23.04. at 17:00: Church meeting - a time of worship, an opportunity to get to know pastors Julius and Roszel Regala (Kingdom Life Butuan) and a time of fellowship and food (potluck) afterwards at Eastsite 15.
24.04. from 15:30 - 17:00: Church with the Homeless in Frankfurt under the Friedensbrücke (no meeting at Eastsite 15 on this day).
04.06.,03.09., 03.12.: Welcome Coffee from 15:00 - 17:00 at L60
Post a Comment