Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Glory to God!
As part 2 of God's Word to us concerning "Will you run to win in 2013", Alexander Blair spoke to us about "What will you say in 2013" a couple of Sundays ago. Addressing the way we use our tongue, the Lord showed us the power of words to bring life or to bring destruction (Prov. 18:20,21; Mark 11:23; Rom. 10:8-10; James 3:2). We also learned that the tongue has the power:
- to reveal one's level of maturity. James 3:2
- to control one's life. James 3:3-5
- to build or destroy. James 3:5
- to defile. James 3:6; Matt. 15:11,18
- to run out of control. James 3:7,8
- to contradict itself. James 3:9-12; 1:6-8
- to reveal genuine religion. James 1:26
Having learned about the power of the tongue, the Lord then showed us how to properly use our tongue by:
- making a commitment to speak life wherever we go. Eph. 4:29,31
- dominating our territory with aggressive faith. Mark 11:23
- influencing the conversation of those around us.
- releasing God's blessing into the world.
"It is written: 'I believed therefore I have spoken.'
With that same spirit of faith we also
believe and therefore speak." 2 Cor. 4:13