Yesterday's meeting was buzzing with excitement right from the beginning as we celebrated our King and worshipped Him together. During a very special time with God, He ministered to His people with prophetic words and touched many people who needed healing.
The Lord is speaking to KLF about the fear of the Lord and how His people respond to Him when they fear Him. Motivated by God's love, the Lord is calling the Church to devote herself to God's presence, to God's people and to God's salvation purposes. These 3 p's are the essence of living the Kingdom life.
In response to God's word to us, we are once again emphasising the importance of church membership as an expression of one's devotion to God's presence, people and purposes as well as the importance of belonging to a Life Group to connect with one another, to care for one another, to grow together and influence together.
The Lord then spoke to us about building His Kingdom on earth as it is in heaven and this is what He showed us:
Your Kingdom come!
- The believer's daily prayer should be for God's Kingdom to come. Matthew 6:10
- God's Kingdom comes as His will is done on earth as it is in heaven.
The nature of a kingdom
- A kingdom is made up of a king who rules and the subjects that obey their king.
- Every person belongs to a kingdom, whether it is the kingdom of Satan, the kingdom of this world, the kingdom of self or the Kingdom of God.
- Every person has someone sitting on the throne of his life and lives in subjection to that person whether it is Satan, self or God!
- The one who rules in our lives is the one we subject ourselves to and are obedient to. Eph. 2:1-3
- Jesus confronted those who claimed to have God on the throne but were subjecting themselves to another. John 8:31-51; Matthew 16:23
- Jesus expects those who have subjected themselves to His Kingdom to produce the fruit of His Kingdom. Matthew 21:43
- To worship God is to serve Him in obedience as a subject of His Kingdom. Matthew 4:10; Rom. 1:25; 1 Thess. 1:9
Conflict of the kingdoms
- Jesus is the King of kings and is Lord of all. However, we do not see everything in subjection to Him yet. Heb. 2:5-8
- Only those who live in obedience to their King, produce the fruit of the Kingdom.
- Satan tempts man to disobey God by getting man to do his own will. Eph. 2:1-3; Matthew 16:23
- The revelation of God's Kingdom requires a response. Either the believer will change the way he thinks and behaves in obedience to God's will or he will disobey and continue to live according to the kingdom of self. Rom. 8:5, 12-14
- In order not to blatantly disobey God, the believer tries to form another standard that does not accuse his disobedience (an excuse). This standard is self-created and appears spiritual but is contrary to God's revealed will. 1 Sam. 15
- God wants the believer's obedience and not a self-created "sacrifice" (spiritualised disobedience).
- Similarly the kingdom of self can seek to do its will in the church by veiling self with a spiritual appearance (spiritual trojan).
- Spiritual trojans will only serve in the church if they can do what they want to do and the way they want to do it. When spiritual trojans are corrected or not permitted to do their will, they become offended and accusatory because self cannot get its way.
- The spiritual servant is willing to serve God and His people in any capacity and without selfish agendas. However the spiritual trojan is only willing to serve on his own terms.
Building God's Kingdom
- God's Kingdom is established and extended in and through the believer's life as he submits to his King and obeys His will.
The Lord is showing us how our name, Kingdom Life Frankfurt, is both our identity and our purpose - to bring God's Kingdom in Frankfurt as it is in heaven as we live the Kingdom life in obedience to our King.
We are looking forward to our Healing Presence Seminar with Dr Richard Maybery and our joint meeting with Charity Church on the 13th November at Eastsite 15.
Quote of the week:
"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come,
your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:9,10
Post a Comment