Glory to God!
Today the Lord spoke to us about holiness and this is what He showed us:
- God is holy. 1 Peter 1:15
- The nature of holiness is both blamelessness and separateness/ otherness.
- God is pure light and unique - beyond compare and apart from any other god. Isaiah 40:25
- The believer is commanded to be holy. 1 Peter 1:16
- Therefore the believer is called to be blameless and separate/ other.
- In Christ the believer is made holy and is set apart as God's possession and for God's purpose. Eph. 2:10; 4:24; 1 Peter 2:9-12
- The believer does not live to become holy but is called to live a holy life because he is holy! 1 Cor. 1:2; Eph.5:8; 1 Peter 2:9
- The satanic trap is to get believers to try to become what they already are so that they are preoccupied with themselves and not with God's purpose for their lives as His set-apart people.
- God has made His people blameless so that they pursue His purposes for their lives, the good works he has prepared for those in Christ to do. Eph.2:10
- As God's people do His will they walk in holiness, in the otherness of God and not as the people of this world. John 17:19; 1 Peter 1:14-16; 1 Peter 2:9-12
- God wants His people to walk blamelessly and set apart for His purposes, not for the believers' own sake but for the glory of God and the for the sake of the lost. Ezekiel 36:22,23
- God wants His people to walk in holiness so that He can walk among them and reveal Himself. 2 Cor. 6:14-7:1
- God's people are identified by the evidence of their being the habitation of God and the manifestation of God's presence in their midst! 2 Cor. 6:16; Ezekiel 37:26-28
- The Church is God's holy people living in this world but not of this world. John 17:16-19
- The Church cannot be light in the darkness if she treats herself and her members as common and not as the holy people God has made her to be.
Quote of the week:
"For we are the temple of God. As God has said: 'I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.' 'Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord.'" 2 Cor. 6:16,17
21 Aug: Jesus March in Frankfurt (click here for more info...)
28 Aug. : Summer celebration with TPLF in Bockenheim from 16h00 - 19h00
Post a Comment