The Lord is speaking to us about Kingdom Culture and this is what He showed us yesterday:
Culture is a way of life that is determined by what influences us and the convictions we have.
- Our way of life is everything we are and do that is determined by what influences us.
- Influence means "flow in" (Latin) and applies to that which flows into one's life that is affecting one's way of life - the way we think, behave, speak, dress, etc.
- Our way of life is also determined by the convictions we have.
- Convictions are the unshakable, compelling and conquering truths that determine one's way of life.
- Conviction = belief (Acts 28:24)
- Convictions are only convictions when they are affecting one's way of life. "Convictions" that are not determining one's way of life, are just opinions and not convictions.
- Convictions are unshakable. James 1:5-8
- Convictions are compelling. 2 Cor. 5:14
- Convictions conquer. Rom. 8:37,38
Kingdom Culture is developed as the believer is consistently influenced by the Kingdom and convictions are established that are based on Kingdom Truth.
To help determine what is influencing you and what convictions you have, check out the "Defining Kingdom Culture" worksheet here...
This Sunday we will be ministering to the poor and needy at our monthly Homeless Mission where we seek to build God's Kingdom by revealing His nature and releasing His power. Hallelujah!
Quote of the week:
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: 'For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.' No, in all these things we are more thanconquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:35-39 (emphasis mine)