This past week has been awesome! On Tuesday we met with other believers to worship the Lord on the streets of Frankfurt and we are noticing how passers-by are beginning to have an increased interest in what we're doing. People from the streets, who have experienced a touch from God, are bringing friends and family to meet with God! Hallelujah!
On Friday morning the men got together for breakfast, a word of encouragement and prayer. It was a very special time and we're sensing that the Lord is going to use this weekly meeting to do great things with the men of KLF and to influence others for the Kingdom!
Today's meeting was profound as we met with God in worship even before the meeting usually starts! The Lord is continuing to anoint our musicians with new songs and we're excited about how He is blessing us with His presence and glory as we worship Him! Hallelujah!
The Lord spoke to us today about the following:
- By God's grace we have received the very gift of God Himself! 2 Cor. 13:5
- By God's grace we have received Christ, the wisdom of God and the power of God! 1 Cor.18-24
- By God's grace we have become nobility and have received God's wisdom and power to shame the wisdom and the power of the world! 1 Cor. 1:27
- It is God's will to glorify His name through us! Ezek.36:22-28
The Lord then showed us that the two main hindrances to seeing God's glory are a wrong understanding of the difference between grace and faith (see last week's word to us) and the flesh or the self life. He then showed us the following:
- The flesh cannot glory in God's presence! 1 Cor. 1:28-31
- God's glory is revealed through death to self! 2 Cor. 12:9,10
- We are to die to self and live to God! Gal.2:20; Phil.1:21; Col.3:3,4; 2 Cor.5:15; Rom. 6:4-10
Everything we do must be motivated by a desire to glorify God and not self.
The Lord then gave us 7 ways to ensure that we remain weak in order to reveal His glory! We must:
- Humble ourselves
- Check our motivation
- Place our confidence in Christ and not in methods or even our faith
- Overcome fear by trusting in God rather than in self - fear is the fruit of self-consciousness; boldness is the fruit of God-consciousness!
- Risk looking foolish and weak to reveal God's wisdom and power!
- Practice "secret obedience"!
- Practice pointing to God
We sense that God is preparing KLF for an even greater manifestation of His glory and we are excited that God will confirm His Word to us as we die to self and live for His glory!
Next weekend we will be visited by Jonathon Dyke and Gary Rumbold - two leaders from Kingdom Faith, England.
Quote of the week:
"Do you not realise that Christ Jesus is in you?" 2 Cor. 13:5
Post a Comment