Yesterday we had another awesome time in God's presence. The Lord is taking us deeper into the River of Revival and teaching us to worship out of our depths as we give room for the Holy Spirit to usher us into a place of even greater intimacy with God. Thank you Lord!
The Lord is continuing to speak to us about suffering and yesterday He showed us the following:
- The believer's faith is a substance - it is the present reality of a future hope. Hebrews 11:1
- The believer's faith is just as much the revelation of a future glory as Jesus is the revelation of the Father. Hebrews 1:3
To hold onto this faith is to remain in Christ which means:
- The believer must live a holy life - set apart and pure. 1 Peter 1:15,16
- The believer must seek peace and pursue it. 1 Peter 3:11
- The believer must maintain a clear conscience. 1 Peter 3:16, 21
- The believer must entrust himself to God and maintain God-consciousness. 1 Peter 2:19,23; 4:2,19
- The believer must continually abide in the Living Hope and have his eyes fixed on the future hope of glory. 1 Peter 1:3,7,11; 4:13,14; 5:1,4,10
As we seek to remain in Christ, we must choose to bear the consequences of living in Him and for Him for the sake of others and for the glory of God - this is true suffering that glorifies God.
We praise God for His revelation to us and for encouraging us to realise who we are in Him as we reveal His glory through obedience and reverent submission to Him. Hallelujah!
We praise God for another wonderful time with the homeless and needy yesterday evening. The Spirit of God was present and consequently we are seeing more antagonism but also more receptivity to God's love and power. Interestingly there are an increasing number of English-speaking people attending.....
Quote of the week:
Faith is the present reality of a future hope.