Praise be to God!
Yesterday we had an awesome time worshipping the Lord and celebrating new life in Christ. We met in the baptist church in Frankfurt-Eschersheim where we baptised two of our youngsters and simply had a lot of fun, enjoying God's goodness and celebrating together.
The Lord is speaking to us about suffering and yesterday we looked at Hebrews 5:7-10 and the Lord showed us that:
- Jesus lived in reverent submission to the Father
- Jesus remained in the Father and always did His will
- Jesus was confronted with the will of others but always chose to do the Father's will only and remain in Him
- Jesus was willing to bear the consequences of living for the Father and thus suffrered even to the point of death on the cross
- Jesus learned obedience through suffering as He chose to remain in the Father and not obey the will of others
The Lord then showed us that:
- The believer is born again as a new creation in Christ (2 Cor. 5:17; Rom. 6:5; Gal. 2:20 John 17:21,23)
- The believer is baptised into Christ so that Christ is in Him and he in Christ (1 Cor. 12:13; Col. 3:3)
- The believer's position and identity is in Christ and Jesus calls His people to remain in Him (John 15:3,4)
- Being one with Christ, the believer has received glory (John 17:22; 1 Peter 4:14)
- The believer must choose to remain in Christ or he disobeys God by choosing to obey the will of another (self-will, satan, the world, man)
- The life of the believer is about choosing to remain in Christ so that the glory he has received will not be veiled should he choose to disobey and not remain in Christ
We praise God for His awesome revelation and for His amazing gift to us - our new lives in Him.
Quote of the week:
"..if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps." 1 Peter 2:20,21