Glory to the Living One; the One who was dead but behold is alive for ever and ever! Rev. 1:18
We praise God for a truly amazing weekend as we celebrated Christ's victory and triumph on the cross on Friday and His glorious resurrection on Sunday! Both meetings were very powerful as the Lord spoke to us about the significance of the cross and how His resurrection is a confirmation of the truth of who He is and the words He has spoken. The Lord reminded us that the cross has set the believer free!
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free!" Gal. 5:1
- The believer is set free from the law. Rom. 6:14; 7:4
- The believer is set free from the power of the flesh and sin. Rom. 6:6
- The believer is set free from the power of the world. 1 John 5:4
- The believer is set free from the power of satan. Luke 10:19
- The believer is therefore set free from the bondage of satan in his,
- body - Acts 10:36; 1 Peter 2:24
- soul - 2 Cor, 4:4 (mind); 2 Tim. 1:7 (heart); Eph. 2:1-3 (will)
- spirit - Eph. 2:1
Not only that! Christ has set us free to reign through Him! We have been reconciled to reign!
Those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through Jesus Christ! Rom. 5:17
On Sunday the Lord spoke to us about having faith in Him and His words alone. He showed us that He always confirms His word and that the greatest proof of His faithfulness to His word is the resurrection. Looking at Luke 24, we saw how God expects us to have faith in His word and not to doubt!
- The angels "rebuked" the women at the tomb for looking "for the living among the dead" when Jesus had clearly told them that He would rise from the dead. Luke 24:5-8
- Jesus "rebuked" the disciples on the road to Emmaus for not believing God's words. Luke 24:25
- Jesus reminded the disciples about what He had told them. Luke 24:44
The Lord also reminded us that we need to seek His revelation as we trust in His Word. Luke 24:27, 32, 45; 1 Cor. 2:12
We also experienced great freedom in worship on Sunday and were blessed with God's presence and a powerful sense of His pleasure as we worshipped Him! We praise God for the prophetic words and songs He is giving us that encourage us and enable us to press in even closer to Him. Thank you Lord!
Next week a few of us will be travelling to England to attend the Kingdom Faith leaders' conference and look forward to a dynamic time with our church family there.
Quote of the week:
"Since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God." Romans 6:9,10