This past Sunday we had our first "covenant Sunday" when six people became covenant members of Kingdom Life! We believe that covenant membership is about:
Unity in the spirit:
- Establishing one's spiritual covenant with Christ and one another
- Establishing God's call on one's life to be part of the local Body
- Establishing one's commitment to one another to live in fellowship
Unity in the soul:
- Expressing one's unity of mind, heart and will - i.e. expressing one's agreement with the values, beliefs, vision, passion and purpose of KLF
Unity in the body:
- Exercising one's unity - i.e. devoting one's time, energy and resources to the Body very practically (Acts 2:42-47)
We believe that becoming a covenant member is about establishing in the natural what is already taking place in the spirit. A covenant is because of relationship and not for relationship! One doesn't become a member to begin one's commitment to the local Body but rather, one makes a covenant with the local Body to establish what is already taking place in spirit, soul and body.
We are excited about this significant step in the life of KLF as we recognise it as being the beginning of God's promise to establish KLF this year! Hallelujah!
Quote of the week:
"The Church is to be a body of people living in covenant unity with their Lord in heaven; and in covenant love for one another." Colin Urquhart