We give God all the glory for what He is doing in the lives of the people of Kingdom Life! Yesterday we met in the Evangelisch-Freikirchliche Gemeinde Frankfurt-Nordwest to have a New Life Celebration. Five people were baptised and 3 people recommitted their lives to Jesus. Hallelujah! As the building of Treffpunkt Leben, where we usually meet, doesn't have a baptismal pool, TPL also meets in the EFG Frankfurt-Nordwest to baptise their people. After the baptisms and recommitments we prayed for the 8 people to be filled with the Holy Spirit and the Lord spoke to each person through prophetic words given to various people in the body. It was a very special time indeed!
After the meeting we gathered together at a local restaurant to celebrate KLF's 6 month "birthday" and to simply enjoy one another. What made the evening particularly significant was that everyone was invited to a meal but that everyone gave according to what they were able to. We therefore collected what everyone liked to contribute so that everyone could be blessed. Our desire is to cultivate a spirit of generosity in our people who share with one another according to what God has blessed them with. If we are generous in the church, we will be generous as the church in the world!
"Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.....All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had." Acts 2:45; 4:32
God's favour is upon us! He is opening up His Word to us in a most wonderful way through spiritual revelation (1 Cor. 2:10, Eph. 1:17). Yesterday the Lord showed us some amazing truth concerning the believer's walk in the Spirit. Looking at Luke 3 & 4 we saw the following:
- God loves, and is well pleased with those who have surrendered their lives to Him because He sees us as He sees His own Son, Jesus. Luke 3:21,22
- Through Jesus the believer becomes the righteousness of God, dearly loved by the Father. 2 Cor. 5:21; 1 John 3:1
- Jesus was led by the Holy Spirit into the desert where He was tempted by the devil. Luke 4:1,2
- The Father's will was for Jesus to be absolutely obedient to Him, in order for Jesus to reveal the Father.
- Satan tempted Jesus to serve self (the desires of the body and the soul - mind, emotions and will) so that Jesus would do His own will rather than the Father's will. Luke 4:3,6,7,9
- The 40 days are significant as they represent the spiritual walk of the believer. Luke 4:2
- The 40 days of the flood represent the destruction of the old to release the new and signify the release of the Holy Spirit in the believer's life. Gen. 7:11
- Both 40 day accounts speak of the same thing:
as the believer denies self (Luke 4:1-12) and yields to the Holy Spirit,
streams of Living Water will flow from within the believer (John 7:38,39) and without as the "springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens" are opened (Gen. 7:11) so that the believer walks in the power of the Holy Spirit (Luke 4:14)!
Glory to God! Our prayer is that we, as Kingdom Life, will increasingly learn to deny self and yield to the Holy Spirit so that streams of Living Water will flow out of us to release God's presence, power and love! Lord have your way.
Quote of the week:
"We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may have new life." Romans 6:4 (emphasis mine)