The Lord is deepening our spiritual understanding of what it means to be a spiritual Body that is united in spirit and purpose. Today the Lord showed us how we must be rooted and established in Christ's love; a love that surpasses knowledge (i.e. spiritual revelation). We also saw the following:
- To grow together in the Spirit we must begin with the cross.
- The flesh/ self must be put to death if we are to be reconciled to God and to one another. Eph. 2:11-18
- The cross reveals God's love. John 3:16; 1 John 3:16
- If we are to be filled to overflow with God's presence and power we need a spiritual revelation of God's love. Eph. 3:16-19
- If we don't grasp how much we are loved, we will not love. Luke 7:36-50
- God is love and if we are filled with God, we will love. 1 John 4:7-12
- Love is denying self for the benefit of another. 1 John 3:16
- God wants us to love as Christ loves us. We must therefore:
- Renew the attitude of our minds and have the same attitude as Jesus. Eph. 4:23; Phil. 2:1-11
- Pay attention to the words we speak. Eph. 4:29-5:2
- Love with action because our behaviour demonstrates what we believe. 1 John 3:16-18
As we learn to love by yielding to the will of God and live accordingly, we will be rooted and established in love and be filled to overflow with the Holy Spirit! Glory to God!
KLF will be doing a corporate fast for 21 days in the month of December. Our host, Treffpunkt Leben, will also be fasting so both churches will be fasting together. Today the Lord spoke to us through Isaiah 58 and Matthew 6:16-18 about the kind of fast He desires and how we should go about fasting as a church. He showed us that fasting is denying self to do God's will!
We praise God that He is adding to our number and that He is truly raising KLF to be a spiritual Body. We are encouraged to see some homeless and needy people who can speak English also attending our meetings and that they feel accepted and loved as they join us in worship.
Quote of the week:
"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." 1 John 3:16
Post a Comment